So many of you—my clients, readers, family, and friends—have asked how you can help with my book’s success. I thank you for being so thoughtful and generous. Your support means the world to me!
One immediate way you can help is to write a book review for Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Goodreads. Reviews can be a tremendous help in driving the sale of a book. In fact, a marketing survey found that 61% of online purchases were made after reading a review. Reviews on Amazon also help a book turn up more often in customer searches. My goal is to have 30+ reviews on Amazon before year-end. With your help, we can achieve that goal and move Wonder-Full up on their searches.
Not sure how to write a review? Here are some tips:
- Don’t worry about it being too formal—it’s not a book report or detailed synopsis. Just share what you thought of the book, how it helped you, what spoke to you, how it made you feel, etc. This really personalizes the review for the reader.
- Feel free to add your expertise on the topic—especially if it relates to work-life balance, leadership, self-care, personal accountability, nurturing relationships, confidence, or improving work culture.
- Post reviews between 50 and 300 words. For whatever reason, that’s the sweet spot. Too-short reviews (as in “A Great Book”) don’t share enough information to make it valuable in their eyes.
Still not sure where to start? Here are some questions to get you going:
- What did you like most about the book?
- What are one or two things you learned from the book that will help you?
- Who do you think should read this book? Or who would you buy this book for?
- How does it compare to other books in this category? Cite any books you’d compare this one to.
Thank you, in advance, for posting a review. I know your time is extremely valuable and I am grateful you’d make the time to do this.
Other ways you can help:
- Share Wonder-Full on your social media platforms.
- Recommend my speaking services to organizations, businesses or associations you know that hire professional speakers.
- Ask your local bookstore to stock Wonder-Full (and Out to Sea, too!)
- Tell your friends and colleagues – word of mouth is the best kind of advertising!
- Invite me to your book club – If I can, I’ll attend in person. If not, we can Sykpe or FaceTime.
I sincerely appreciate your help and support.
You are Wonder-Full!